Logan River Non-Stop Trial

Comments and discussions on front page news articles.

Moderator: Moderators

KT Mark
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: KT 250 A2

Re: Logan River Non-Stop Trial

Postby KT Mark » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:22 pm

I don't see people bickering. I just see people wanting to ride as many events possible for the older twin shock machines. Wishing they could do both. Feel the passion!

Tee-Why
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Tee-Why » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Hey Mark, when I catch up with you along the way, we should put our heads together collectively to revisit possible trials riding areas to RTRA WA. I know of one other person who was supportive in the club, its worth a try. Current approved riding areas leave a lot to be desired.
Roger

I would rather push my twinshock than ride a modern!

KT Mark
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: KT 250 A2

Postby KT Mark » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:34 pm

No problem. I would love to. My first task when I get back is to join a club. Your with the Pathfinders I recall. I will do my best to attend the next meeting Im home for. My job is crazy and I never know where and when I have to go away. I work with subsea oil and gas pipes. Someone has to get the petrol to the pumps. Looking forward to meeting you and having a yak.

Curtis
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Beta
Club: Logan River Motorcycle Trials

Postby Curtis » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Logan River has moved it's 35th Anniversary '70s themed event to August 16th at the Overflow so as not to clash with Brooweena Trial.
Instead we will be holding our 'Battle of the Beards incorporating Clubman Masters' on July 26th at Corcorans property.
Supp Regs for this event may be delayed due to this change.
Logan River apologies for any inconvenience this change will cause anyone.

Scorps
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: 1976 KT250
Club: Maryborough Riders

Postby Scorps » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Howdy Y'all,

A big thanks to everyone at Logan River. I hope both events will now be stronger for the change.

Cheers,
Your friendly neighbourhood ScorpaMan,
Scorps

Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children.
1981 Fantic 240 Professional
1976 Kawasaki KT250 (x2)
1975 Kawasaki KT250
1975 Kawasaki KT250

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:10 pm

:D

relax, nothing is under control

motostar99
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 2002 Sherco 290
Club: LRMTC, NDMC, SQTA

Postby motostar99 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:00 pm

sorry for a change of topic, but David, i just realised how many posts you've done!! You're not far off cracking the 1000!!! Good stuff!!

Nic 8)

Rockin with the Gas Gas crew...

Wazza
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Suzuki RL250M
Club: Maryborough

Postby Wazza » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Robyn,
Thankyou for your efforts concerning the clash of dates between Logan River and Brooweena.
May I offer my sincere appologies for any inconvenience that I may have caused you and your members. Brooweena is usually held on the first weekend in July and this was supposed to be the case again this year. The problem we faced was that I'm not available on that weekend and as I'm the only MQ official in our group we had no choice but to move the event. When I applied to MQ for the event permit, Lindsay Granger was concerned that we were going to clash with the Logan River interclub scheduled for the same weekend. I explained to Lindsay that Brooweena attracted basicly the same group of riders each year and that I didn't feel that it would affect the numbers at either event. At the time I had no idea, and Lindsay never gave me any indication, that Logan River was planning to incorporate a "back to the 70's" theme. As I said before, I only considered the Rocky club as thats where virtually all the riders come from for the Brooweena event.
I'm relatively new to the Trials scene, so I'm still getting to know the "movers and shakers" of the sport. I have met Terry Telfer and a few of the guys from the Western Districts Trials Club but I'm not familiar with many from the Logan River club. I intend to rectify this next year as my involvment in the sport deepens which will certainly help when it comes to "communication".

Thankyou again Robyn,

Kind Regards,
Wazza.

Darren Robinson
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: ty250D/ beta 300 t4
Club: trials club victoria

Postby Darren Robinson » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi Guys
what are the rule for a non stop trials as i am new to the sport i understand the non stop but can someone tell me the 70" rules sounds interesting.
Regards
Darren :?:

nipper
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby nipper » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Darren Robinson wrote:Hi Guys
what are the rule for a non stop trials as i am new to the sport i understand the non stop but can someone tell me the 70" rules sounds interesting.
Regards
Darren :?:

Here are a few of the 70" rules that I remember Darren,
The 70" rules were very simple.
If you are shorter than 70" you must give anyone bigger than you first shot a riding the section.
If your hair is longer than 70" the scrutineer has the right to check your bona fidis to see if you ride in the Mens or Ladies division.
Your bike must be 70" long or longer.
You can not carry a shovel longer than 70".
When footing in a section if your foot slides more than 70" you will be given a 3.
If you crash and land more than 70" from your bike you get another go.
If you lose control of your machine and it makes it to within 70" of the end cards you will be given a clean.
If you run over a snake that is at least 70" you will probably need to change your daks before the next
section.
Doing air turns that are higher than 70" will see you disqualified immediatly from the event.
There are a few others that may have slipped my mind but Im sure some other old timers will let us know.

Return to “News article discussion”