Gas Gas Vs Sherco pros n cons

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hermit
Junior participant
Junior participant

Gas Gas Vs Sherco pros n cons

Postby Hermit » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Just wondering if there is much difference between Gas Gas and Sherco, what do you like or dislike on these two ?

Chumley
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Gas Gas, Montesa

Re: Gas Gas Vs Sherco pros n cons

Postby Chumley » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Both good bikes in my opinion. I prefer the Gas Gas for it's six speed gearbox (Sherco is only five). Some slippery big hill-climbs near here really need 4th gear and the Sherco is simply geared way too high in 4th and way too low in 3rd. Some of the early Sherco's didn't have enough steering lock but from around 2010 they are good. And I really like the air filter set up on the new Sherco's. Other than that there's not probably not much in it.

paul b
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby paul b » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Sadly there are big questions about the future of GasGas which may lead to parts supply issues in future. Sherco seems to be a far bigger company. That said, both bikes are excellent quality. You should also include Beta ( Italian) on you list. Have owned all these bikes and the support from all the australian distributors is great. If you are buying used, it would be a decision based on the condition of the individual bike and not the brand.

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:18 pm

There is absolutely NO truth in the stories about any demise of Gas Gas. The company has some extremely exciting news about it financial side which will be official any day now. They are also producing the best performance bikes, and have some great revolutionary changes in the pipeline for coming models.
They are by far the biggest Trial brand globally, and we as local Gas Gas importers have massive stocks of parts. To say the company or parts supply is in jeapardy is a complete furfy.
Gas Gas were the first with hydraulic clutches, and first with dIaphram clutches - that everyone is copying. Ossa, JGAs, and aftermarket ones for Sherco.
I wont dis another brand, but be confident that GG will be around for a very long time, with a top flight Trial bike range, and backed up by the best local service and support ....Anywhere

Sincerely
Paul Arnott for Gas Gas Motos Australia

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

paul b
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby paul b » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:42 pm

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:52 pm

Paul b
It is rumour, and inunendo only. I have it from the GG Factory CEO (the horses mouth) it is all good. And from many others as well, but hey there is a few competitors with a vested interest in stirring the pot. Lets see eh.
I am 100% confident this palava is over. GG have done some financial restructuring with their bank and some parties have seen an opportunity to turn it into something it is NOT.
Don't fret Gas Gas are here for the long haul - with the best bike! Promise.

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

paul b
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby paul b » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 am

Gas Gas are great bikes and I am planning contact you soon about buying a second hand 2013 or 2014 250. So I am a big fan too. Have bought 2 bikes from you and you have been so helpful.

Chumley
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Gas Gas, Montesa

Postby Chumley » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:09 am

I normally wouldn't comment on dealers (don't usually have anything good to say about them) but this time I will vouch for the Hell Team's spare parts stock. I just did a major overhaul on my bike and which included some very uncommon parts requests. Paul had every single part in stock and I had them within two days. Not only that, but their parts prices are cheaper than you can get overseas. The guys down there are also experts in the technical side. Their back up is 2nd to none in this country.

Chris.
No affiliation, just happy customer.

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Postby pop » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:20 pm

I thought it was a banking problem?[ like making sense from Westpac or Commonwealth?] anyway if something did happen, there are so many Gas's around, after market parts will be everywhere .

skypig
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: MX

Postby skypig » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:54 pm

More than rumor and innuendo now unfortunately.

http://dirtbikemagazine.com/news/gas-ga ... ry-closing

Hopefully parts supply at least will have some future, maybe aftermarket?

Return to “Trials Talk”