OKO Flat Slide carby

Got a technical question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Re: OKO Flat Slide carby

Postby Neo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi backyardy,

The OKO 24 went really well. She still a bit rich on the main jet at the moment. But that's only because I've been too busy to change it to a a smaller one.
I've got the 5mm spacer in place (standard on later Sherco's) and I used the inlet carb rubber manifold off of a Beta Rev 250. The carb and the air filter box are well offset and this makes it easy to connect the two together.

It's funny but these carbs seem to be too rich in the choke. They make the bike rev up far too high on a cold choked start. And you have to be quick to switch the choke off. I'm not sure if this is adjustable ...so I'll need to investigate that. But once the bike's warmed up love it :P

Oh..and I can't tell you where I got it...that's a secret :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

"Nothing more and nothing less than the vision of success"..... Ryan Leech
"TRIALS....It's not life or death....It's much more serious than that!!".....

backyardy
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby backyardy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:22 am

I would have thought a 24 a bit small, thats why I got a 28mm.

I did notice the bike revs faster with the choke but I like this as it helps to warm the bike (the Dellorto did this anyway). I didn't use a spacer but I see there is one available and also the 3070 comes pre-machined to 31mm. Perhaps I should have got that one as the carb is a bit too tight a fit in the manifold...nevermind. Why would you use a part off a Beta? Got a clear float bowl, spacer and some jets ordered as I think I need to lean it a little like you said... =D>

Betaman
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BETA! wtf ;0)
Club: AJS Mcc

Postby Betaman » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:08 pm

Has anybody any experience with wacking one of these Oko carbs or a Keihin PWK on a GasGas 280/250? My 280 has always been decidedly lumpy at very low revs which has bugged me from time to time especially when you get a very tight trial.

Just my 2 cents worth.....or was that 1 cent???!!!
http://throttlethrasher.blogspot.com.au/

My Videos - My Club

backyardy
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby backyardy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:23 am

280 will be lumpy but a mate of mine fitted one (OKO) to his 280 gasser. I rode it before and after, changes are awesome...bike much smoother down low and easier to handle..and power in the middle and up high is smooth and very strong

OKOAustralia
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Any I can find

Postby OKOAustralia » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:34 pm

I am glad you folks have discovered the OKO range of flatslide carbies.

If you need any more parts or technical advice etc please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

OKO Australia
http://www.oko-australia.com.au
oko@oko-australia.com.au

keithj
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Gas Gas 250
Club: OMCC

Postby keithj » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Resurrecting thread....

Anyone got an opinion on suitablility for a Rev80?

The 80 bogs down pretty badly from low revs when in second gear. With a few revs it's OK, but my son prefers to ride it in 1st gear and rev the crap out of it. ^()^ I'd prefer him to be in 2nd, which he will need anyway as he moves to more difficult sections.

So I'm wondering: a) if there'd be an OKO to fit, b) whether it would solve my problem, or c) whether I'd be wasting my money.

Thoughts? :-s

Keith.

-> Mouse Magnet <-

OKOAustralia
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Any I can find

Postby OKOAustralia » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:34 am

Keith,

May pay to check the cleanliness of the existing carburettor, cylinder compression, quality of spark, and ignition timing first. Once you've eliminated those possibilities you could consider upgrading the carb.

We have a 21mm OKO 3020 flatslide carb to suit in stock.

Regards,
Denis Lovett
OKO Australia
http://www.oko-australia.com.au
Attachments
OKO 3020.jpg
OKO 3020.jpg (8.09 KiB) Viewed 9260 times

Stork955
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby Stork955 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:58 am

Gday all, further to the above - check and clean the exhaust system too before changing anything. Especially on older bikes with a few hours on them -you may be surprised. Reed valves are also problematic sometimes. If they are not sealing flat on their base this will cause slow running issues. After that play with the carb.
A quick note on the choke thing - the choke systems on these carbs is virtually a carb. in itself - if the bike runs too quickly with the choke on it is because it is letting too much air in, not too much fuel. (Remember what happens when you run out of fuel? - speeds up right before it stops - lean mixture). Perhaps there is a way to restrict the air into the choke system, they usually have a jet for fuel in the bowl, air intake is from the top of the slide area IIRC? Im not sure about the OKO as I havent had one apart.

HTH,
Cheers,
Stork.

Bultacosuzie
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Bultaco
Club: Mid-Atlantic Trials

Postby Bultacosuzie » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:42 am

Hi Mates,
Roger here, from the US where these OKOs are just appearing. I have a 28mm OKO on an old 326 Bultaco and it does for this bike as it seems to have done for the Shercos and Gas Gas. Does anyone know what cut away is in the slides you are using? Mine came prejetted for a Bultaco with a #5 throttle valve which I thought would be too lean, but carburetion throughout is strong and smooth. I think the standard throttle valve is a 3.5 which might explain why my main (120) and pilot (42) seem a bit larger than other jetting combos I've heard of. Do you guys know what cut away you are using?
Cheers,
Roger

Return to “Technical help”