Trials training for newbie

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

balko
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: sherco

Trials training for newbie

Postby balko » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi all ive just purchased a sherco 250 off Len in the for sale section of this great site. But my problem is i have no idea about trials riding or rules (pronto has scared me a bit in the other thread) as i live on the north side of Sydney im keen to join the manly club. Ive looked up there site but dont have much doing till next year so it got me thinking would any one be keen to run a 1 or 2 day clinic out at Pacific park in the holidays to give a OLD but newbie a few lessons about the rules and tips on riding. I would say 6 to 8 riders would be a great number i would happily pay for any ones time. Just a suggestion Thanks in advance and hope to see you all soon Cheers Tony ps i havn,t ridden it yet just spent the last 2 nights in the shed trying to balance in one spot (not as easy as you guys make it look)

Col Zar
C grade participant
C grade participant

Re: Trials training for newbie

Postby Col Zar » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:09 am

Hi Tony,
I would be willing to spend some time with you to give you some training. Sundays are a good day for me and Pacific Park would be fine but i do have other venues if your interested.

Please contact me at colinzarczynski@hotmail.com and we can discuss a price for one on one training which is not expensive and would give you the best benefit from the day.

Best Regards
Colin Zarczynski

balko
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby balko » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Thank you Colin i will take you up on that offer for sure. One on one lessons are a great way to lean the basics right from the start. I went out for my first ride on it today and only lasted 2 hrs i was stuffed my legs feel like iv,e walked up a maintain. Its a lot more taxing on the body than i thought (Without a seat) but i really enjoyed it even getting a little over keen and breaking the front break leaver (yes falling off trying to climb a rock ledge) were in Sydney would i get a front brake lever for a 05 sherco 250 or is ebay the way to buy. Hope to be up to standerd soon so i can join in some rides and colin i will email you tonight my number to organize some training thanks for the help Cheers Tony

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Or just come out to Pacific Park any Sunday. There is always trials riders out there willing to help and show you around the park. 9am at the shop is the usual meeting time for the regulars. See you up the some time.

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

motocentral
Dealer
Dealer

Postby motocentral » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi Tony

For Sherco spares in Sydney you can try one of our Sherco dealers, Triple R motorcycles in McGraths hill. ask for Neil or Dave at Lithgow bikestop or try Toby & michelle at Sherco racing 0458 743 726

The other excellent training tool is Ryan Young's Trials training techniques DVD. probably the best $60 you'll spend getting started in trials. For more info on this ring us on 02-62480229 or www.trialzone.com.au

don
motocentral

Play with Gravity

balko
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby balko » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Wow had my first day out at Pacific park and what a hoot it was. I was made to feel very welcome by Keith the owners father who had me hopping rocks in no time and taught me a few good things to practice on. All the riders were great and took time to watch myself and to pass on tips and gee i sure do need them they all made it look so easy young JJ was a stand out he had me looking on in awe of his riding skills. I busted the rear guard but thats a small price to pay for the fun i had thanks to all i meet today and i will see you all soon i hope Cheers Tony Ps the first thing i do is buy 1 of those helmets my full face one got real heavy at the end

Return to “Trials Talk”